Parent Teacher Association
Introduction to the PTA
Saltford School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) forms an important link between home and school. All parents/carers and friends of the school are automatically members of the PTA. See the full PTA constitution here.
Please join us!
All members of the PTA volunteer their time to attend meetings and organise events and we are always looking for extra help and new ideas. If you would like to become involved in PTA activities, we would love to hear from you no matter how big or small a contribution you are able to make. If you would like to register an interest, share your ideas, or if you would like to be included on the PTA contact list so that you are kept up-to-date with details of meetings, please email PTA@saltfordschool.org.uk or leave your details with the school office.
What we do
The events organised by the PTA are many and varied. Each year we hold the very popular Christmas and Summer Fairs which are the main fundraising events of the year. We also organise class cake sales, children’s discos and adult events. As well as providing fun and social occasions, these events help to raise funds to provide extra items of equipment for the school. Many years ago the school swimming pool was built and equipped by the PTA. More recently, purchases for the school have ranged from new computers for each classroom, a new heater for the swimming pool, digital cameras, playground artwork and a new Ark in the playground.
Benefits of the PTA
It can help parents:
- improve the school and its facilities
- get to know each other through taking part in a range of fun activities
- share common concerns
- find out more about how the school works
- raise funds for extra items or services to enrich children’s education in addition to Local Education Funding (from Bath & North East Somerset Local Education Authority).
It can help children:
- receive a richer education as a result of items bought by the PTA
- benefit from parents/carers' increased understanding of the school.
It can help teachers:
- reach potential volunteers and enthusiasts who may help with school projects